Monday, November 7, 2011

Another mouth to feed......

This week our household welcomed a new resident. She is 8 weeks old and eager to, well, show us who is boss. As with most new pets that arrive, she has been the center of attention and it appears that she is "sucking it up". She is developing a trend that consists mainly of "running a muck, eating & drinking, peeing & pooping, and napping". I would be very happy at this stage if she would turn her 10 minute "naps" into something like a 4 to 6 hour "sleep". Of course I know that's not going to happen any time soon. I also know the lack of sleep that she is getting is not bothering her, as the "dog naps" rejuvenate her quite well. BUT, her lack of sleep has resulted in me also getting "lack of sleep". Go figure. With that said, meet "Brandi".


"Brandi"
Female Chocolate Lab
 

 Call me a sucker for good looking women, but isn't she beautiful?


I have been quite fortunate in my adult life to be surrounded by good looking women, not that I'm a "chick magnet" but more likely, "really lucky". My wife, sisters, aunts, cousins, daughters, granddaughters and of course my mother have all filled my life and eyes with beauty. Blessed I am..


Brandi, like all the other girls that grace my home, will also be blessed with beauty. Beauty of the male persuasion. An occasional visit from sons, son-in-law, or boyfriends will only add to the everyday male beauty that will be in her life. That will be:


King "Rascal"
"Rascal"
 Prince "Boots"
"Boots"
Botar
"Botar"
Male Yellow Lab

And of course, "Me"
"The Old Guy"

As you can see, except for Botar, the rest of us "guys" are sporting the fashionable gray look. It shows, among other things, that we are wise, experienced, and compassionate. But mostly, just old.

So we say welcome to Brandi. We know you will put many many smiles on those you come in contact with. And we hope you will enjoy your stay with us here at the resort that is now your home.





Welcome
Brandi

enjoy your life

"love your pets like they love you"



1 comment:

  1. Best Blog yet. And we're so fortunate to have you Love you.

    ReplyDelete