Saturday, October 22, 2011

The Arch Tree of Forty Maples Picnic Area

There is a place nestled in Pennsylvania, where Cameron and Potter Counties border that is called Sinnemahoning State Park. It is a wonderful place for hiking, fishing, and sight seeing. There is also a picnic area that is called Forty Maples Picnic Area. I can remember 50 plus years ago having picnics here with my family. More recently, 20 years ago I made memories with my Uncle John fishing the Geo. B. Stevenson Dam with the Loons, Eagles, etc. keeping us company. I also have cherished memories of time spent here with my wife a few years ago. Fishing and cruising around looking for wildlife. It's a great place to spent quality time with someone you love and I recommend the area to everyone. 
One of my memories of the area is a brief stop at "The Arch Tree".


The Arch Tree
 It is difficult to see in these photographs, but one can actually slide their hand under the point on the right side of this beautiful living tree.








Go explore.. with someone you love and make a memory.

You'll never regret it.

6 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your article...Nice photos...Love that arch tree...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pictures and your comments. Would love to go see it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://losblogsquesigo4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that tree! It's been there for as long as I can remember...and longer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brings back some great memories.

    ReplyDelete